Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On the Set of True Grit with Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon

Today My wife and I visited the set of the remake of the 1969 film True Grit a film which in the original stared John Wayne. A good friend of mine Rusty Dillon (great name huh), arranged for my wife Antoinette and I to visit the set after the wrap on shooting for the day. In the 2010 version of True Grit, Jeff Bridges is playing Marshall Reuben J. 'Rooster' Cogburn in the film, which was originally played by John Wayne. Glen Campbell played Texas Ranger La Boeuf and his character is being brought back to life by none other than Matt Damon. Below is some pictures from the visit and also a pic of the Rounders DVD Card which Matt signed for me. Thanks to my good friend Rusty for arranging the visit. It was a blast!




Antoinette Solano, Matt Damon, and Sheriff Greg Solano


Antoinette Solano, Jeff Bridges, Sheriff Greg Solano, Matt Damon



Antoinette and Matt Damon


My Matt Damon signed DVD Card of Rounders

.

2 comments:

Tom Chepucavage said...

WOW! I love Jeff Bridges and it will be interesting to see those two do that film.

Robert Shapiro said...

Hi Greg,

Sounds like you and your wife had a great time doing this! I'm happy for you both having had that chance. Probably didn't hurt the stars either being exposed to someone of your experience.

It's fun to do these things and it reminds me of the time I met Randolph Scott when I was a little boy.

It was on the set of a western movie but I don't remember the title after all these years. He was a great guy. Really patient with a young dazzled fan. I must have been all of 6 years old then. I cherished that photo with him for years.

The memories of these good times help us over the bumps don't they.

Goodlife my friend.