Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!


Today I want to take the liberty of using my blog to wish my wife Antoinette and my Daughter Sylvia as well as all my readers Happy Valentines Day! My wife and I met when we were 16 years old at Santa Fe High School. She will deny it when she reads this but she used to have a crush on me when I would walk past her aunts house where she used to spend a lot of time.

I would walk by in my platform shoes (or roller skate by), along with my John Travolta bell bottom pants and a silk shirt. I would top it off with a leather jacket and a huge boom box. The Boom Box made today's Ipods seem almost invisible. We had to carry them on our shoulders not to have them closer to our ears but instead to carry the weight of the 10 D-Cell batteries those things held. Anyway Disco aside we have had a great 27 years together.

My daughter is 14 but she thinks she is 21. Unfortunately she will probably be 21 in what seems like the blink of an eye. Tonight its dinner with friends and then a comedy show at the lodge in Santa Fe featuring Steven Michael Quezada. He is a great comedian so if you don't have plans you might want to check him out. Anyway, Happy Valentines day again to all of you!

P.S. I tend to exaggerate when describing my early years with my wife. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours, Greg! Mike