Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Halloween Safety Tips
I want to offer you all some Halloween Safety Tips you can use to keep your kids safe this Halloween.
· Carry a flashlight or glow sticks
· All young children should have parental supervision.
· Teenagers should have a map of the areas parents want them to stay in.
· Walk, don't run.
· Stay on Sidewalks
· Obey traffic signals
· Stay in familiar neighborhoods
· Don’t cut across yards or driveways.
· Make sure costumes don't drag on the ground.
· Shoes should fit (even if they don't go with your costume)
· Avoid wearing masks while walking from house to house.
· Carry only flexible knives, swords or other props.
· (If no sidewalk) walk on the left side of the road facing traffic
· Wear clothing with reflective markings or tape.
· Approach only houses that are lit.
· Stay away from and don't pet animals you don't know.
· Inspect all candy and items and do not keep anything that is not pre wrapped or may have opened.
Call the dispatch at 505-428-3710 to report any suspicious activities or unsafe activities in the area of trick or treaters. Check http://www.nmsexoffender.com/ for sex offenders living in your area; do not go to these homes when trick or treating.
Extra Sheriff’s Deputies will be on patrol as well as fire personnel throughout the night to help ensure your safety.
Sheriff Greg Solano Wishes you all a happy and safe Halloween!