Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Mexico State Democratic Central Committee Meeting

I attended the New Mexico Spring State Democratic Central Committee Meeting on Saturday April 25, 2009 both as a voting member and as a candidate for Lieutenant Governor. My weekend started for my wife Antoinette and myself at the Albuquerque Country Club on Friday afternoon where State Auditor Hector Balderas had a reception to honor State Chair Brian Colon. Afterward there was a welcome reception at the Hyatt Regency Hotel hosted by Lieutenant Governor Diane Denish. My Wife, a good friend and I had a late night and then checked into a reasonably priced hotel for a few hours of sleep.

The next morning we were on our way to the Kiva Room at the Albuquerque Convention Center. The three of us passed out business size cards with information on the Lieutenant Governor Race and my run for it in 2010. For the first time I had a potential opponent out handing out stickers with an announcement she would be running for Lieutenant Governor as well. I took some pictures in between shaking hands and talking to old and new friends. Below I have some of the pictures.


Here the crowd shuffles into the 3 floor of the convention center.




Governor Richardson showed up for a short time to greet Democrats in the lobby but never gave a speech in the auditorium.




Brian Colon was re-elected as the Party Chair.



The Audio Visual Guy keeps things moving along.




Lieutenant Governor Diane Denish speaks to the crowd.




Senator Tom Udall makes a point in his speech.




State Treasurer James B. Lewis demonstrates his great speaking abilities.




Congressman from my district Ben Ray Lujan addresses the crowd.





Here I share a laugh with my local Ward Chair Connie Salazar




State Auditor Hector Balderas takes the stage.



Secretary of State Mary Herrera gives her report to the Democrats.




Here I catch both Representative Brian Egolf and the New Mexican Reporter Steve Terrell Twittering. (or is it tweeting?)





Congressman Harry Teague addresses the crowd as Chair Brian Colon looks on.




The Santa Fe New Mexican Reporter Steve Terrell sits near Albuquerque Journal Reporter Dan Boyd and the two watch the speeches from a safe distance.

.

No comments: