Thursday, June 08, 2006

In Honor of Officer James Archuleta

Today I will place the black mourning band on my badge again as I attend the funeral of Officer James Archuleta. Archuleta a State Police Officer and an active-duty reserve member of the U.S. Marine Corps died Sunday night when he was ejected from his car after hitting a cow in the road and was struck twice by passing vehicles. Officer Archuleta was on duty at the time of the accident.

In March of this year I blogged about the death of Deputy James McGrane from Bernalillio County who was killed in the line of duty also. I explained about the Mourning Band we place on our badges to honor the fallen officers. I also commented how I hoped I would not need the band again. Unfortunately we don the band again and honor another fallen officer. Officer Archuleta was a true servant of America, serving his country on a tour in Iraq and as a Reserve member of the Marines.


We will miss his service to our country and I offer my deepest condolences to his family and his fellow officers at the New Mexico State Police. May God Bless you in this time of sorrow and may Officer Archuleta join the Patron Saint of Law Enforcement, Saint Michael in heaven where I know he will continue to fight for what is right and just.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just can't read this without tears falling...gripping real life events and your sensitivity to loss comes through in your statement of grief...Bless their souls...Officer James Archuleta and Deputy James McGrane are now in my heart and mind also...