Friday, September 19, 2008

Toby Keith Concert and Filming of Crazy Heart

My wife and I were the guest of Toby Keith at his concert at the Journal Pavilion in Albuquerque last night. It was a great concert and we very much enjoyed it. We were lucky to be seated center stage 4th row which made for the best seats I have ever had at a concert. Looking very relaxed and without his usual contingent of entourage and security was Governor Richardson seated to the left of me one row up. Toby Keith is a good friend of Former Dallas Cowboys Coach Barry Switzer who has helped me with my campaigns for Sheriff in the past. For my re-election Toby gave me a signed guitar which we raffled off along with two Dallas Cowboy game tickets that Coach Switzer gave me. Coach Switzer attended the dance/raffle and was generous with photos and autographs for my supporters in attendance.

My wife Antoinette, Toby Keith and I backstage.
(Toby is the tall one, LOL)

Some of my readers may recall that I visited the movie set when Toby was filming his new movie "Beer for My Horses" in Santa Fe. Last night at the concert they were filming another movie "Crazy Heart", starring Jeff Bridges, Colin Farrell, and Robert Duvall. Those in attendance were treated to be a part of the film as they filmed concert footage for the film. The film is about a down-on-his-luck alcoholic country music singer who, through his relationship and experiences with a female reporter, is able to get his life and career back on track. During the filming at the Toby Keith Concert Colin Farrell and Jeff Bridges got on stage and sang to the audience while scenes were shot. I must say they were not half bad as country singers. I was allowed to bring in a small digital camera and I took pictures and some small videos of the filming.

Below is some pics and video of the concert and filming. Also in the pics is the backup band Montgomery Gentry . I took over 90 pictures and the full album is available here.

Toby Keith and Robert Duvall provided by Toby's Photographer.

An Actor I don't know, Robert Duvall Colin Farrell, and Jeff Bridges.

Colin Farrell, and Jeff Bridges belt out a tune.



Video of Colin Farrell and Jeff Bridges Singing during filming of Crazy Heart. Double Click on video and choose high quality to see a better version.


Montgomery Gentry in Concert.


Toby Keith in front of his Ford Truck Stage.






Toby Keith singing my favorite song of his, How do you like me now. (looks much better if you double click video and select play in high quality)

.

3 comments:

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Fun pics! Thanks for posting them. Colin Farrell sounds like a good ole boy! I don't even like country music, but I thought they sounded good.

Victoria said...

Greg,
The unknown actor is our own David Manzanares from the band Manzanares.
Victoria

Julio Lossio Quichiz said...

Tonight I saw the film Crazy Heart. After that came to my computer and looked for more information.Was great to see your pics an videos. I'm going to put one of your videos in my Fb :)